Hospitals today are facing greater pressure than ever to deliver quality care while cutting expenses. Yet owners, managers and providers are struggling with unprecedented macro forces such as the aging population, the rising cost of healthcare, and regulatory and political uncertainty.
Among the industry trends expected to impact healthcare over the next few years:
- Increasing adoption of digital health
- Rising risk related to data privacy and security
- Outsourcing of revenue cycle management
- A shift towards value-based care
- Continued consolidation of hospitals and healthcare systems